Russ and I were motivated and finished it all tonight after Tyler went to bed. EVERYTHING is done! And, I must say I rather like it. Of course, we aren't turning on any lights until after Thanksgiving, but it is nice to have it done and not stress over trying to fit decorating into a December schedule that is already crazy. This may be our new tradition.
| We already have Caroline's stocking just waiting to be hung for next year...I just need to get it monogrammed! |
Tyler is VERY interested in the Christmas tree. We did not "child-proof" the tree at all and are opting to supervise him while he's looking at it instead and tell him not to touch. So far it is working great, but granted the tree is in our dining room, so I think he forgets about it sometimes. All the round ornaments are "balls" and he likes the ornaments that light up and make sound. My Dad gave him an ornament with a Santa riding a motorcycle last year that plays "Born to Be Wild" that he LOVES! He runs into the dining room pointing and saying "tree" and "off" (which also means "on") and wants to play it over and over. It is pretty much the only ornament we will let him touch. When we were decorating he also loved the berry sprigs so much that I gave him his own to play with. Now, when he points out the berries on the tree he remembers he has berries of his own and runs off to find them! We are thinking about putting a little tree in his room next year...I think he will love that!
| Playing with the garland for the tree...before it went on! |
| Wanting to help Daddy with the garland... |
| ...Or maybe just wanting to climb on the ladder! |
| Finding the Santa motorcycle ornament... |
| ...And the berries. Ha! |
| Later that night in his Christmas PJs...still playing with the Santa on a Motorcycle. |
| SOOO happy when it starts playing!! |
Most of our lights are set to come on with timers but the ones that aren't he eagerly points out to me letting me know I need to plug them in. Ha! I love having the house all decorated. One of my favorite things about this time of year!
| Love this little guy!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment