We have been working on Tyler's big boy room since Labor Day weekend and I am happy to say it is finally done! We moved him into the guest room next door to the nursery to make room for Caroline. The guest room furniture went home to my mom's and now our only guest room is upstairs.
I was very excited to paint and be rid of those awful bright yellow walls that we inherited when we bought the house. I decided on a neutral stripe treatment that Russ tackled with grace and precision, though it took way longer than either of us imagined. I posted some of these pictures before but I think the stripes turned out just great and they really make the room. I also am super proud of my ceiling fan makeover, too!



As for furniture, we went ahead and bought another inexpensive crib for Tyler. I did not want to mess with his 11-12 hour nighttime sleeping schedule right now or right after C comes, either. Plus, this crib will convert to a toddler bed when we are ready to make that step. We added a twin bed to the room that we are using to change diapers on right now. It is a welcomed upgrade from the changing table as Tyler is a complete wild man when we change his clothes and diaper. We actually have a matching pair of these antiques beds that my Mom purchased already stripped for next to nothing. Russ had to paint it, which also took at lot longer than expected (those spindles were a pain!), but I think it turned out great! We may end up painting the other to match and put both beds in his room eventually. The dresser was loaned to us from my Mom and the rocker is one that I already had in another room. The twin bedding came from the Pottery Barn outlet and Tyler LOVES it because it has 2 of his favorite things on it - balls and letters! Ha! I got a coordinating crib skirt at the outlet, too, and the curtains from PB online at a major steal.
 |
| Finally done! Yay! |
 |
| How the bed looks most of the time! Ha! |
 |
The train hanging above above the dresser was made by my Mom for my brother. Tyler loves his "choo choo". |
 |
| We added a few new things to his room, too! |
I am super pleased with how it turned out! We transitioned Tyler at the beginning of the month and he has done really well. He still goes in the nursery some, mainly to check out all the changes we are doing in there, but I think he likes his new room and it will be able to grow with him through the years.
 |
| Still sleeping the night after the big move! |
 |
| Not quite awake yet, but check out my hair! |
No comments:
Post a Comment