Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween...Finally!

After a month of celebrating in various ways, Halloween is actually here! I must say, we certainly got our wear out of our $10 consignment sale monkey costume. Tyler wore it twice already and pretty much all day today! I'm already excited to coordinate costumes for a boy AND a girl next year. :)

Tyler wore his costume to school for their classroom trick-or-treating and Halloween party. He wore his costume last year, too, but this was really the first party he's been old enough to participate in since he's been in school. We brought mini muffins - the only choice left when I got to the list! I sent the camera with Russ so he could snap a few pics at school at drop off.
There's a monkey in my kitchen playing with my dishwasher!!



This child is seriously already obsessed with trains!!
I picked him up early after nap (though he had been awake for a while since he only sleep 35 mins...grrr!!), took him by Russ's office and then to my work to trick-or-treat. FedEx goes ALL OUT...we all decorate our cubes and it is crazy Halloween overload! There are so many kids and so much candy that you honestly fill your bucket and don't even need to go trick-or-treating anywhere else! Tyler (and I) were both a little overwhelmed by it all. Tyler was obsessed with the things he could not have...like the balloon decorations and autographed footballs/basketballs people had in their areas. That definitely made it a little challenging!
This was the only picture I got and it
was in the parking lot on the way in!

By the time we got home, I was spent and so was T! But we rallied for our neighborhood celebration. It was at the Glass's house this year and there were 8 or so families there. We ate, played and attempted a group picture with all the kids before heading out to trick-or-treat. Tyler did not cooperate for the group pics but did really great trick-or-treating. He let us pull him around in the wagon between houses and by the end of the night was taking candy from our neighbors and dropping it into his bag! I have to say that I love my neighborhood peeps...I was not in the best mood when we got there, but by the end of the night, it was all forgotten!
Eyeing the basketball that Preston has.
Getting into position - the only one where Tyler is looking!
Buzz Lightyear, 3 little pigs, shark, football player, 
astronaut, hairy dog, owl, puppy dog and our monkey!
Not pictured  - a baby lobster and a strawberry!
Tyler was over it at this point! 



Tyler and Bennett riding in style! 
Trick-or-treat!!
We passed our house on the way! We left candy
out and it was all gone when we got home and the
bucket was thrown in the yard! Non-neighborhood
kids too big to trick-or-treat, I am guessing. BOO!

When we trick-or-treat, we come in PACKS!
Our family of 3!!
My little monkey at the end of the night!

Now, on to Thanksgiving and Christmas!! WHEW!

1 comment: