Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homecoming and Miss U of M

Saturday was Homecoming for the U of M and while being 1-6 in football this year may not be much to celebrate, we still tailgated to support our Tigers and had a blast. It was a small group of closer friends, which I honestly prefer, and we had another great fall day. We ate, played and visited.




Sweet Micky, one of our favorite babysitters, is a senior at the U of M this year and was a finalist for Miss U of M. She, her sister, Kelly (our other favorite babysitter who was also a finalist her senior year!), and their parents who were in from out of town joined us for the tailgate, too.
Tyler says YOU should vote for Micky!
We went to the game and Tyler and I planned to stay until the half so we could see if Micky won. The game started at 7p which was an hour later than other games we've taken Tyler to, so I didn't know if he would make it. Once again, Tyler just loved everything about being at the game and sat happily in Russ's lap for the entire first half, watching and pointing to everything he saw. I seriously love that little guy and don't how we ever got so lucky to have a mostly mellow and easy-going kid. And it was so worth the wait - the Tigers ended up losing to UCF, but Micky won Miss U of M!!  It is such a special honor and we are so proud of her!
The proud Pietkiewicz family!
During the tailgate, I did make an hour errand run to a consignment sale nearby...I decided to sell for the first time all of Tyler's boy clothes after we found out Caroline was coming. Getting to shop before the public at the early pre-sale is one added perk of consigning and I wanted to take advantage even though it was smack in the middle of the tailgate. I'm so glad I did...I got TONS of cute things for C! Plus, I made $550 from the sale...insane, I know, since that was mostly boy clothes! I have always loved to shop consignment sales and get most of Tyler's clothes there, but now I am a believer in selling, too. Though it took an enormous amount of work to prepare for it...our dining room looked like this for almost 2 months! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment