Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Beach Fun!

We continued to have a wonderful vacation at the beach the rest of last week. The sky was overcast keeping the temps mild but not too cold and there was no rain. That is pretty much perfect weather in my book! This is the first year ever that no one has gotten sunburned anywhere, even a little bit! Yay! I was leery about going in October but no more! Plus it wasn't crowded!

Surprisingly, I found the week to be very relaxing. It was so so nice to be away from work, from the massive to-do list at the house and other commitments and just enjoy my family. Tyler got so much attention which he craves, deserves and honestly loved! He ate all kinds of junk food (hot dogs every day, ice cream, etc.) that he wouldn't normally get to eat at home, got to get in our bed to watch cartoons with his milk when he woke up in the mornings and, of course, spent lots of time playing in the sand! And I cannnot say enough about how well Tyler traveled in the car...I was dreading the trip home without my Mom to help in the backseat, but Tyler did great! He watched a lot of Thomas, but he was good and that's all that matters.

It was a great first family trip to the beach and I came home refreshed!! (Now, after one day back to the grind, I am already a giant stress ball, but oh well...a vacation can't cure all!)  I can't wait until next year's trip...I somehow doubt that it will be as relaxing with 2 kids in tow!

We took SO MANY pictures but here are some of my favorites.
A view of our condo from the beach.


Throwing the ball to Uncle Brian!
Eating Cheerios on the beach became expected!
Throwing Cheerios to the birds.
The start of what will become a very large hole!!
Tyler thought laying down in it was hilarious!
And climbing out was way fun, too!


Walking on the beach with Daddy.
One of his favorite things was climbing up
 and down these stairs to the jacuzzi. It got old fast!
Another day, more cheerios on the beach.
Bird watching
When we told him to put on his hat, he would put the
 bucket on his head. He would NOT wear any of his real hats.

Playing the "drum".

Drinking juice out of a big cup!! What a treat!
Daddy dug a BIG sand castle with a moat all around!!
Going down the "slide"!

Tired Daddy!
He loved crawling around it!

The next day it was still there so he continued to play in it! 



I love this one!
Say cheese!!!
Being silly now...

No comments:

Post a Comment