Friday, October 19, 2012

Zoo trip

On Saturday Tyler and I met a neighborhood girlfriend and her one year old for a trip to the zoo. Russ was meeting a friend for beer fest and I wanted to get outside since it was a beautiful 80 degree day. It had been awhile (June!) since Tyler had been to the zoo and I just knew he would love it now that he is walking and understanding so much more. We ended up meeting another mom and her son, too, so there were 6 of us with 1 wagon, 1 stroller and lots of snacks!

Tyler had been in a cranky mood earlier that day while we were out running errands, but I thought he would get happier after his nap. No such luck! Actually, he WAS pretty happy...so long as I was carrying him! Not so easy for me to do now that he's 26+ lbs and I'm almost 6 months pregnant! So, we left early. I hated to, but with Russ not there to carry him, I just couldn't do it.  Oh well. I think he did have fun while we were there and he loved being able to walk around on his own (when he chose to walk!!)  We are going back to Zoo Boo next week...let's hope he does better then.

3 little boys looking at giraffes.
Zebras...
And elephants!

No comments:

Post a Comment