Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Zoo Boo and weekend fun

We took Tyler to Zoo Boo this year for the first time. I wasn't sure if he would like it or be able to do a lot of the things, but we ended up giving it a go. So we bundled up and got there right when it started.


All the kiddie rides are free during most Zoo events, so we made a beeline to them so we wouldn't have to stand in line. The first ride we should not have let him ride...it was WAY too fast (we didn't know!!) and I was praying the entire time it was going that he wouldn't lose it...and so was Russ since he was riding with him. He didn't but we were both glad when the ride stopped! We opted for the carousel and the train rides after that experience. He LOVED the train and didn't want to get off!





After the rides, we went through the scarecrow maze, watched the singing pumkins (which he LOVED!) and played on the playground. He was in his clingy, carry-me mode so Russ ended up carrying him all over the Zoo while I pulling the wagon around the swarms of people! He made a few trick-or-treat stops, too. All in all, I think he enjoyed it...will will go again and he will definitely get more out of it next year!











Russ and I were both starving so we decided to brave a quick stop to El Porton for Mexican. We were already on borrowed time with Tyler since it was past his bedtime and he did great in the restaurant, but did lose it in the car on the ride home. Poor guy was just worn out!

A funny thing happened while we were eating that I don't want to forget - we were sitting in a booth and the man behind Russ was bald. From his highchair, Tyler could only see the top of his bald head that kept moving around. He kept pointing to it and saying "b-ball", which is basketball, and he would not stop! Russ and I could not stop laughing!

Here are some other pictures from the weekend after church and playing outside. You will notice that Tyler got another haircut, too.
Wearing his church coat for the first time, which is just too cute!


Playing with the outside basketball
goal borrowed from the Johnstons!

No comments:

Post a Comment