Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good Friday Fun!

The kids were out of school, so I took Good Friday off, too. Granna came in town the night before and she kept the kids busy while I ran a few errands in the morning. I got my grocery trip out of the way and also got a lot of our spring plants.


Caroline kept sitting on this little racetrack...she thought it was hilarious.
When I got home, we packed a picnic lunch and headed up the street to the Glass' house for an egg hunt. Their sweet teen-aged neighbor, Sarah, put on an egg hunt for Tyler, Bennett, Preston and Caroline. She was so kind and worked so hard and it was just perfect...everyone got LOTS of eggs. Caroline was hilarious and would toddle right over to the eggs and drop them in the basket that Granna was carrying...it was so cute! Tyler was on a mission and at one point, I had to tell him no more eggs so that he would leave some for his friends.

Bennett showing off his basket of eggs.







We enjoyed some playground time and lunch outside after the hunt before heading home for naps. I know I've said it a million times before, but I am so grateful for the awesome friends we've made in our neighbors and can't wait to watch our sweet kiddos grow up together.

Preston swinging!


Caroline loved this swing!


They loved Bennett's awesome playset...we may have to invest in one for our yard.
Bennett, Preston and Tyler...3 little monkeys! The little conversations they had over lunch were so funny.
Caroline had to join the big boys for a pic, too.
Baby sisters Margo and Libby were also there..next year they will be all up in the mix, too.
I was unsure of how the kids would nap with all the kitchen demo noise, but they did great. We got up and enjoyed some play time outside before dying Easter eggs. I remembered to hard boil some eggs before we lost our cooktop to the demo so we were ready. Tyler had a blast and loved dropping the eggs in the coloring tubs (splashing dye everywhere!) and turning them with the wand. Caroline watched from her highchair...I can only imagine how chaotic this will be next year with 2!











Proudly showing off the only green egg with a T on it!
Or finished basket of eggs...everyone got their initial on an egg.
What a Good Friday indeed!!

1 comment: