"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
Tyler was baptised today at our church, Hope Presbyterian. It was such a special day for Russ and I, as first-time parents. Russ and I have been going to Hope for many years now and it is always such a highlight on Baptism Sundays. The little babies are so sweet!! And I am amazed at how well-behaved all the children are in front of the congregation. It must be a God thing!! I was PRAYING that Tyler would be just as good...and he was!! In fact, he fell asleep right before we got up there. When it was his turn, he let out a great big yawn that they caught on the big camera screen. It was so sweet!!
There was a BIG debate in our house on what Tyler should wear. Russ doesn't like christening gowns for boys because they look like "dresses". I almost gave in and put him in a bubble, but decided I really wanted a gown at the last minute. So I found the most boyish christening gown I could and that's what he wore!! We were so blessed to be joined by family and friends for the service and at our home afterwards for a small cookout. I know I am biased, but isn't he precious!? (I'm glad mommy won!!)
| Daddy and Tyler |
| Mommy and Tyler |
| With Pop Pop (Kirsten's dad) |
| Uncle Brian (Kirsten's brother) and Granna (Kirsten's mom) |
| With "Aunt" Elisha (Tyler's Godmother!!) |
| Nana and Pop (Russ's Aunt and Uncle) |
| With Emily |
| With Carol |
| With Michael |
| With David and Ramona |
Thank you, God, for giving us sweet Tyler! We feel so lucky to be his parents and we are excited to see all the wonderful things you will do in his life. We cannot wait to see him grow up at Hope and will do our best as parents to teach him about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment