Monday, February 6, 2012

FEVER!!

That was the theme of our crazy up and down weekend!

It all started with a call from Russ on Thursday afternoon that Tyler's daycare had been trying to reach me because he had a fever. I packed up, picked him up and off to the doctor we went.  He had a 103+ fever when we arrived and that was the highest he'd ever had. Dr. S checked him out and concluded that it was just a virus so we headed home and started tylenol . That night he was up a lot and felt super hot! 

By Friday morning, his temp was 101, so I thought he was doing better. Every time he'd ran a fever before it was usually just a 24 hour thing. Russ stayed home with him that morning so I could go to work and we switched at lunch. You could tell he didn't feel well because all he wanted to do was be held and sleep. Around 4p, I took his temp while I was changing him and it was 105.3! Of course, I panicked, so I called the pediatrician's office and asked to come in to have tests run. RSV, strep, flu tests were all negative. Then they pricked his finger to draw blood and his white count came back ok, too. So, Dr. M agreed that it was likely just a bad virus and to alternate motrin and tylenol every 3 hours. We gave him a bath that night and when he went to bed his temp was around 104. As expected, Tyler was up a lot. Russ slept on the couch (which was very much appreciated!) with the monitor so he could get up with him and I could get a little sleep.
Happy, as always, at the doctor. Even with a super high temp!
After his first ever finger prick and band-aid. He was
NOT a fan! And he couldn't understand what the
band-aid was...kept putting it in his mouth and
making a face. Guess it didn't taste good.
Trying to keep him cool that night. Poor buddy.
On Saturday morning, he was happier and his fever seemed to have broken, so we took him to the Tigers v. Xavier game. He was in pretty good spirits and we had a good time. We had great lower level seats and it was an AWESOME win for the Tigers.
It was super loud! Much louder down low than
in our seats up top. Glad we had these!
Watching intently!!
Not interested in a taking a pic...the band and
pom girls are much more interesting!
With Uncle Brian
Family picture at the Tigers game!
After the game we had Preston and Carter's 1st birthday parties to attend, but we didn't make either one! We were super bummed to miss out, but we wanted to be cautious and not get anyone sick. That night, Russ and I went out to celebrate Heather's 40th birthday and Micky came to babysit. We came home early to a sick little boy...his fever was back at 103.9! I called the nurse on call just to make sure that it was normal for a virus to do this and she said it was. BOO! We gave him a bath and had an awful time getting him to go to sleep. I finally resorted to putting him in bed with me...first time ever! I moved him to his crib after he fell asleep and was up with him 4 more times. UGH!

Sunday, we stayed at home trying to get Tyler better. No church and no Super Bowl party. In fact, I stayed in my pjs all day! Tyler did not have a fever, but was pretty cranky all day....not typical of him at all. Here's hoping for a better week. We did manage to capture a few firsts though.
First time using a sippy cup!
Taking a break to smile for the camera!
He did a pretty good job with it. Had a little trouble
holding the handles instead of the sides like his bottle.
Tyler's first Super Bowl
Playing with Daddy's football
Love this one!
Russ and I had burritos and lemon artichoke dip to celebrate
the Super Bowl. Tyler tried cheese for the first time!!
He LOVED it!
(And look at those 2 teeth!)

1 comment:

  1. Hope ya'll are better and got some rest last night! That was Logan's first sippy cup, too. It is the one that I used to transition completely from bottle when he was around 13 months.

    ReplyDelete