Thursday, August 1, 2013

Caroline's 6 month checkup

Caroline went for her 6 month checkup this week. It was a greatly anticipated appointment just because she was not on the chart at all for weight before and, of course, this Mama worries. I knew she had gained in the past 2 months...I mean, you can see it in her chipmunk cheeks!! I am happy to say that she is now ON THE CHART for weight, but she is tapering off in other areas. Dr. H was super excited about her progress, as was I. Yay!

Length: 24.25", 9th percentile (22nd at 4 months)
Weight: 13 lbs., 6oz., 9th percentile (<3rd at 2 months)
Head circumference: 41.5 cm., 26th percentile (35th at 2 months)

The rest of the appointment went really well, too. Her sleep is fabulous, so there was no concern there. We talked about her spitting up and he wants to keep her on Prevacid for a while longer, but he said that she honestly just might need to grow out of it. We were given the go to start stage 2 baby foods. And he did the "sit test" and was super pleased to see that she can sit up on her own for several seconds without assistance and was even trying to to self-correct her balance, too. We should really start to see progress with sitting between now and her 9 month appointment and are also supposed to work with her on sitting to standing.

She got 3 shots, which were no fun, of course. She didn't have much issue with shots after her 2 and 4 month appointments, but she did with this round, waking up in the middle of the night with a fever. I had to nurse her to get her back to sleep. And yesterday she was also not herself...at one point, daycare called and asked if they could give her tylenol to help with her fever. Poor baby. I also gave her tylenol last night before bed and put her down at 8p like normal and she gratefully slept through the night and woke up happy. So, I hope that is behind us.

I am supposed to take her (and Tyler) back in 2 months to get their flu shots. She will need 2 doses this year, so she'll get her 2nd flu shot at her 9 month appointment. 
Sitting in her car seat in the waiting room at the doctor. Look at those cheeks and chubby thighs!
She was super happy at this appointment.




No comments:

Post a Comment