My goal was to find bedding, curtains and a rug that would incorporate the blue but add some touches of pink. I found the crib set on sale at Pottery Barn Kids and was excited that it even incorporated the brown to match the changing table baskets. Finding the rug always seems to be my biggest challenge...they are expensive and there honestly aren't that many kid rugs to choose from. I took a chance on this solid pink rug and ordered from overstock.com without having seen it in person and it looks perfect in the room! This is the 3rd rug I've bought online there and I haven't been disappointed yet! The curtains are from Land of Nod and I almost returned them, because with the rug, there is now A LOT of pink in her room! But I just love the pattern, so I decided not to.
As for the rest of the room, I just tried to update what I already had to make it look more girly. The letters above her bed came unfinished from etsy and Russ spray painted them pink. I added gingham ribbon to the lampshade and painted the moon in the wall frame pink. I added a pink bolster pillow to the chair. The side table is actually a new purchase that I bought a while ago off Craigslist and was going to put it in Tyler's room, but decided I liked it better in the nursery. And, of course, she needed something for her already abundant collection of hair bows, so the bow holder also came from etsy. The bookcase is still a work in progress...I wanted to incorporate some of the dolls I had growing up, including my Madame Alexander and American Girl dolls, and my silver hairbrush set, but the result is looking a little bit cluttered. I did not purchase the matching quilt for the bedding set and instead opted to use a doll-patterned quilt that I had when I was little.
| Yes, that is a pink tutu on the "time out" chair! |
Looks so cute! Never too much pink!
ReplyDelete