Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gibson's Donuts

We made our first trip to Gibson's Donuts as a family this past weekend. I'm not sure why it took us so long to go. When I bought my first house, we were a lot closer to it and Russ or I would go once a weekend it seems. That might also be why I gained weight during that time. Ha! But I love supporting a local business with the friendliest staff. It reminds me of a place in Clarksville we used to go as kids (Don's Donuts!!)...that was always a real treat!

When I asked Tyler if he wanted to go get donuts, he was excited and immediately started cleaning up his cars. I honestly expected a little more resistance since he LIVES for playing cars these days. Come to find out, he thought I meant play with his pretend food (we have a donut in there)!! So when we had to leave the food, there was a little bit of a breakdown. Ha!

Tyler thought Gibon's was cool. It was a Saturday, so it was busy and there was a lot of activity. He ate a plain glazed donut, but didn't want much more than 1...I think it was too sweet for him. Russ and I enjoyed a couple donuts, too. The owner brought us a fresh and hot sugar coated donut for us to try. Oh. My. Goodness! It was heaven and is my new favorite!
Ready to go. Check out his new hat...he wouldn't leave home without it!!
"Tall" on the counter getting his shoes on. 

The have a flying pig hanging from the ceiling that the owner came by and started for Tyler.
He loved watching it fly around!
He kept pulling his hat down so that it made his ears stick out!

And Caroline was there, too...just in the stroller and I didn't get any pictures of her. She was super happy, cooing and smiling at everyone. She got lots of attention...everyone was just fussing over how cute she and Tyler both were. I have to admit, I agree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment