I took Caroline to see Dr. H for her 12 month appointment. She was in need of a nap, so this was the appointment for tears! She cried through getting her length and head measurements in the room and HATED being put down on the cold scale! And when Dr. H entered the room after I had gotten her calm and happy again, it was instant tears. Poor baby! I do think the infant stranger anxiety has set in though...
As I expected, she tipped the 20lb mark in weight, but she did not grow much taller and is only in the 16th percentile for height! My little short girl!! Dr. H said she may get a growth spurt...and she may not...and that we would know more at her 2 year appointment. If she stays tracking where she is, she may only be 5'2" or so, which is crazy since I am tall for a woman and Russ is average. Her measurements are still consistent with her growth chart over time, so Dr. H said no worries there.
Length: 28", 16th percentile (19th at 9 months)
Weight: 21 lbs., 9.5oz., 46th percentile (46th at 9 months)
Head circumference: 45cm., 47th percentile (55th at 9 months)
Everything else was great about her appointment. He was pleased with her speech and that she has over 5 words (mama, dada, bye-bye, yay, mu-ah, oh-oh), which is as many words as a 15 month old should be saying. He asked about walking and I said you were cruising and using your walker like a champ, but no steps yet. This was all normal of course and that as long as she is walking by 15 months, that was fine. You are off bottles on milk now, which is great, and are eating solids like a champ! And all food, minus choking hazard foods, are fair game.
You got 3 shots this visit...Hep A, Prevnar and Hib. You thought they were awful!! And your poor little leg had a goose-egg hard lump and bruise from one of the shots, too. I dread the 15 month visit...this is the worst one with 4 shots and the finger prick for blood work. Boo!!
 |
| Look at that belly! |
 |
| Getting a little happier. |
 |
| Trying to escape! |
 |
| This girl loves her shoes! Especially eating them! |
 |
| Trying to get her shoe (that you see in the background mirror.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment