Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentines Day

We had a fun and festive Valentines Day this year. We kicked things off by making homemade Valentines for each of the kids' classes this weekend before. I went with a car design for Tyler since he is truly obsessed! The printables were a free find off Pinterest and I had the cars already in the birthday party gift stash. Tyler was SO excited about them! I helped him (a lot) to write his name on all of them, too. For Caroline, I went with the applesauce squeezy pouches...I figured you can't go wrong there! Again, Pinterest saves the day with the cute, free printable tags.





Taking a play break...the Jack in the Box from our NYC trip has been a big hit.
Building our first fort!


Caroline got in on the action, too!
On Valentines Day morning after my morning boot camp workout, I stopped by Gibson's donuts and stood in the out-the-door line for donut holes for the kids to take to their teachers and Russ to take to work. Of course, I got some extra for us for breakfast along with a couple red velvet donuts. I got the kids a few goodies for their Valentines baskets and had them waiting on the table when they got up. Tyler was SO excited! Of course, he noticed his new Valentines placemat and was thrilled for a donut breakfast treat. Caroline tried her first donut and loved it, too!







I tried to get a few pics of the kids in their Valentine best, but neither really cooperated. Oh well. I sent Russ off to school with all the kids valentines, teacher treats and homemade rice krispies with sprinkles that Tyler helped me make the night before for his party. Happy Valentines Day!!




Here are a few pictures of the kids at school on Valentine's Day...they are pictures of pictures, so sorry for the glare!

Caroline and her buddies.
Tyler and his 2 year old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment