Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween is in the books! And what a crazy, busy, fun-filled day of activities it was!



The kids went to school with Russ just as they always do. Tyler's class had visited the pumpkin patch at school the day before and on Halloween they had a party. Tyler was especially excited when I told him they were decorating cookies with icing and sprinkles! Ms. Beaudry (Tyler's teacher) got all of these cute pics.

Tyler's class in their footprint ghost shirts they made!
Eating their Halloween lunch!
Enjoying his cookie with icing and sprinkles!
Playing fun games.
All lined up to go to the pumpkin patch.
Tyler's pumpkin.
Caroline's class dressed up in their costumes and trick or treated in the preschool. They also had their pumpkin patch that day. Sweet Kelly (Connor's Mommy who lives up the street) sent me some adorable pictures of Caroline from that morning! I was a little sad I wasn't there when the pictures came through, but then realized she wouldn't be doing the activities if I was there...she'd be clinging to me!

Waiting to go to the pumpkin patch.
Caroline with her pumpkin.
I just can't handle the cuteness! 
Kelly, Connor and Caroline's selfie attempt! LOVE!
I picked up both the kids early and took them back to my work for some trick or treating. FedEx always goes all out each year. I got the kids changed into their costumes in the car while we waited for Russ to meet us. It was so much fun to see everyone's kids and ours were a big hit! A lot of the decorations were a little scary, but they both just absolutely loved this big, moving, talking zombie thing. It was super scary and they both stared and wanted it to play again and again. Ha!






Ms. Christy and Caroline!

Ms. Monica always has Mardi Gras beads.

Caroline went a little crazy with the beads! Ha!
Blurry, but still playing with the beads once we got home.
We headed home for a quick dinner (the kids were not interested in eating!) and then headed back out to trick-or-treat in the neighborhood. I wanted a few quick pics on our front porch before we left, but my camera was having issues and not auto-focusing. It took a few minutes to figure it out but by the then the damage was done and Caroline was not into sitting still for pictures. Figures!


We hiked it up the big hill to the Fields house and got some group pics of all the kids dressed up...and this time BOTH of our kids were actually in the picture! It's a miracle! Tyler was really independent and into trick-or-treating this year and did really well...until he lost his bouncy ball that he brought with him from home and he was DONE! He could not rally, so we just went on home after about 30 minutes of trick-or-treating. The kids had gotten plenty of candy, had some fun (until the ball was lost!), so we called it quits. Plus, it was COLD! We got the kids in bed a little earlier than normal actually and Russ went to the Tiger football game while I caught up on the DVR. It was a nice end to a hectic day! Happy Halloween!

Little Miss Margo was Little Red Riding Hood...I could
not get a good picture of her, but she was SO cute!
Back: Bennett (Spiderman), Case (Darth Vader), Griffin (Doctor)
Middle: Caroline (Dorothy), Tyler (Lion), Emery (Unicorn), Emma (Princess Elsa), Anne Marie (Princess Anna), Baby Caroline (Snow Princess), Michael (Olaf), Preston (Big Bad Wolf)
Front: Libby (Ladybug) and Connor (Puppy)
Not pictured: Margo (Little Red Riding Hood) and Emily (A Bumblebee)

Preston and Tyler...big buddies!



Caroline and Daddy going to trick-or-treat.



I love this pic of all the kids running from everywhere!

Our last stop at our neighbors who live behind us before calling it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment