Saturday, May 9, 2015

CUMC Campout

Last night, our new church had a Dad's-only overnight camp out in the courtyard. You provided your tent and sleeping supplies and they provided all the food and some activities for the night. And best of all, it was FREE! Russ took Tyler and our neighbors, Brian and Preston, also joined them. It was their first time camping...although, I'm not sure you can call this real camping, but this is definitely the way to do it with little kids. I already had a girls night planned, so Caroline also tagged along for a few hours, too. I was afraid this would send Russ over the edge, but he said bring it on! Ha!

Somehow Russ managed to pick them up from school, set up camp (with Brian's help), feed the kids and everyone was still having fun when I stopped by around 9p to pick up C. Super Dad! I got Caroline home and bathed (she was filthy and covered in dirt from playing hard from head to toe) and didn't get her to bed until almost 10p! I went to bed shortly after and Russ said the kids were still going strong. I don't think they got in the tent until 11-11:30p!

Blurry iPhone pics to follow...

















They woke to donuts from Gibsons and packed up quickly because heavy rain was in the forecast. They made it into our driveway right as the skies opened up. Caroline and I were supposed to walk the JLM  5K and Tyler had soccer, but we opted to skip the 5K and soccer was cancelled, so we enjoyed a lazy morning at home instead!

Wake up, Tyler!! :)

1 comment: