Cherish these moments - tomorrow they'll be memories.
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Pre-Mother's Day Fun
I love it when we start celebrating our holidays early. It allows the fun to build for days and makes them so much more memorable. I especially love it when we do lots of extra celebrating for Mother's Day...I mean, what Mama wouldn't?!
Our celebrating started early so we could honor our Granna when she was in town the weekend before. All the girls went to get pedicures...Caroline, too! She sat on my lap in the pedicure chair and did SO good! I was completely shocked at how still she was! I wish I had asked the lady to take her picture...I couldn't obviously since I was holding her. But I did get some pics of her toes while we waited on Granna to finish up her manicure. She has been obsessed with her "pretty toes" and loses her mind when we have to cover them up with socks and shoes for school.
Playing the iPad while we waited for our nails to dry.
Toes! She got pink polish with sparkles.
Fingers...she had chewed almost all of it off by later that day!
The boys went to a birthday party while we were getting our girly on...it was a kid in Tyler's class and her party was at Sega gymnastics. So fun!!
The Monday of Mother's Day week, Russ met me and the kids in Collierville to make a handprint plaque for me and Granna as part of our Mother's Day gifts. I am so excited at how they turned out and I can't wait to gift Granna hers and to hang mine!
Yesterday, Caroline and I went to the 2nd annual Mother/Daughter Tea at CtK. It was a special event for girls from preschool through Grade 8 to honor their Mamas and other special women in their lives. They had dress up hats, gloves and necklaces for all the little girls and they took a Mother/Daughter picture as we arrived. They served finger foods like little sandwiches and salad and they had an assortment of tea to choose from, too. The organizers were 2 of the teachers from the upper school and they did a fabulous job! It was such a sweet little event! Caroline was the youngest one there, but she still had a blast drinking of our her big girl tea cup and eating so fancy! Precious memories I will cherish.
These are scanned copies of photos, so the color is off.
No comments:
Post a Comment