Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day was a pretty special day, I'm not gonna lie. There have been years in the past where it was not, but Russ really hit a home run this year. So I'm starting out this post with a big, huge thank you to that hubby of mine for making it so great!! :)

I awoke to some sweet cards and peonies (one of my favs) from our yard. Russ enlisted Tyler's help with the card which was just so perfect!! Russ said he had been working with him on it all week.



We started off the day as a family with breakfast. We tried to go to Another Broken Egg again and there was a line out the door with at least a 45 minute wait. While we had time before church to do it, I knew the kids would be a mess waiting that long. So we went up the street to our trusty old standby, Perkins, where we were seated immediately. We will try to get to Another Broken Egg someday...maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. We took some fun pics in our Sunday best before we left the house.






We had time to kill before church so we headed to Target to let Tyler pick out his good behavior prize for getting 8 stars again. He took 30 minutes to decide, but finally chose 2 new race cars to add to his collection...Dale Jr. and . He was SOOO excited. And because Caroline was being a trooper while we waited, she got a new little horse to play with too. Horses are her newest obsession!

We headed off to church and the kids went to Sunday school. They had a cute little photo booth set up for Mother's Day where we checked in the kids so the kids and I played around with the props. Not any great shots here, but it was fun to try! Ha!








After church, the kids went down for a nap and I was DETERMINED to do nothing and take a nap while Russ worked in the yard. But it was HOT in our house (come to find out our A/C was broken) and I couldn't get comfortable on the couch or on the porch. Best laid plans...
Playing with her new horse from Target!

When the kids woke up, we spent some time outside playing. They had the BEST time playing with a furry caterpillar that Russ found.







Love these 2 littles that made me a Mama!
Now for gifts...I was pretty spoiled! A few months ago, we lucked up on getting a West Elm daybed off one of the FB resale sites at a great price and I told Russ that this was what I wanted for Mother's Day. We had an extra twin mattress in the attic I bought on the cheap from a friend that I was planning to use in Tyler's room eventually on his 2nd twin bed, but in the meantime it works great as the mattress on our porch!! The swing that Russ has had since his first house in High Point was biodegrading and we wanted something out there with more sitting room and better lounging ability. I think the daybed is the perfect addition and I love how this space is coming together! My sweet hubs didn't want to not gift me anything on Mother's Day, so he also got me a gift certificate to Goulds too! Facial and massage...here I come!

The daybed styled with a waterproof mattress cover, sheet (that can easily be remove and washed) and outdoor pillows. The chair on the left is a side-of-the road find that is on my refinishing list!
I got a new-to-me rug on a FB resale site, too. This one is much bigger and is actually the right size for the space. I love he neutral color, too, so I can use it even if I decide to change my colors up.

I love my June.Bug original sign I got this past winter!
It was a pretty perfect day, I must say. I will have to up my game for Father's Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment