But, before I get to the first day pics and details, I have to talk about our day before the first day of school...otherwise known as Caroline's No-Good, Very Bad Day! The kids were back from Granna's, but school didn't start until Tuesday, so I took Monday off. I was excited to spend the day at home with the kids and also get things done around the house during their naptime. We spent the morning playing around the house before running a few errands. Our first stop was to school to drop off their school supplies...we missed meet-the-teacher night the week before since I was traveling and the kids were at Granna's. Caroline had a TON of supplies (8 containers of wipes, people!) and I didn't want to have to lug all that in on an already hectic first day. The bonus was that the kids got to meet their teachers and see their classrooms, too, without all the chaos so that was great.
Caroline's drama started when we left...she made a mad-dash straight for the parking lot and felt like playing a little game of chase! Thank goodness there were no cars really, because she is fast and it took me a bit to catch her! I was so mad (and was telling her so) and she just giggled and thought it was hilarious. The next stop was Walgreens...where she promised she would hold my hand in the parking lot...NOPE...took off running again! I caught her fast this time, at least, because there were cars there. Whew!
Back at home, we had lunch and they went down for naps. Little Miss Mischief decided she didn't want to nap and proceeded to get out of bed and empty the contents of her nightstand drawer all over her room! There were necklaces and hair bows everywhere. I walked in to find her by the door trying to open finger nail polish! Ahhh! Serenity now!! Needless to say, when Russ got home from work (late!!! Grr!), I shoved him outside with the kids and food to grill so fast because Mama needed some peace and quiet! All of this to say, that I was ready to go back to work and send the kids to school the next day! Ha! We made these cute little happies for all their teachers, too.
Soooo, on to their first day! We started the morning with some pictures on the porch. Both kids were super pumped to be carrying their own bags this year.
| Look at those squinty eyes when she smiles...just like her Mama, poor thing! |
| He was so proud and excited to carry his backpack!! :) |
Russ and I both went to drop off on their first day and took a few more pictures.Tyler cooperated. Caroline...not so much. Typical these days.
Tyler has Mrs. Neugebauer this year. We requested her for a few reasons, the first being for her loving attitude towards all her kids. She really seems to put the child's needs first and can be flexible when kids (like Tyler!) need it. Also, she shares bathrooms with Mrs. Beaudry, Tyler's teacher last year, so he was already familiar with her and knew her classroom. (Especially since he had to go and stand on her red X sometimes when he was acting out!) Finally, since Tyler will most likely repeat 4K next year, we will put him with the "stricter" teacher next year. Tyler was in HEAVEN when we dropped him off! He loves being a big boy in the 4 year old class. He quickly put up his backpack beneath his cubby and started in on a coloring project. I think he's gonna have a great year!
![]() |
| 19 kids in Tyler's class! They have a lead teacher and 2 assistants. |
| Getting hugs from his teacher last year, Mrs. Beaudry! |
| Caroline and Mrs. Madden having a tea party! |
![]() |
| All the kids in her class! |
![]() |
| Yep...they spend a lot of time in the potty! :) |
We ended our week with the annual back-to-school picnic. The kids had fun playing and we enjoyed dinner with classmates and families. And Tyler made us oh-so-proud when he dropped his pants to pee next to the playground. I knew he was going to do it, too, but I was far away chasing Caroline and Russ was busy talking. Hahaha!
So happy to be back in school with great teachers! Cheers to a fab year ahead!










No comments:
Post a Comment