Monday, November 16, 2015

Looking Like Christmas and Other Weekend Happenings

I have a ton of work travel this month...will be out of town every weekend except for one. And that was the one we just had. It was so nice to spend it at home with the family! But we had a list a mile long of things to do, starting with decorating for Christmas, as is our tradition.

We started getting Christmas up before Thanksgiving the year I was pregnant with Caroline and I will continue it until forever probably. I like having it up longer and getting to spend the December weekends on fun activities and not on decorating. It has proved extremely challenging this year though...our pre-lit tree is on it's last leg and it has given Russ fits this year!! He convinced me to wait until next year to get a new one (they are expensive!) so in the meantime, ours has a ton of extra lights thrown all over it to make it look halfway good. Ha! We didn't nearly get it all down, but we made a decent dent. The kids were both excited to have a tree in their rooms.






This little tree has all our ornaments from when I was a kid.


We also had our pictures taken for our Christmas card. It was way later than I wanted due to schedules, but I really wanted pics at a Christmas tree farm, so we had to wait until after Halloween when pumpkin season was done. I loved coordinating our outfits and think this might be our best one yet. Cassie worked her tail off to get our Little Miss to smile, too...Caroline was really giving her a run for her money!!!


We ended the day downtown at FedExForum watching our first Tiger basketball game as a family this season. We sat lower bowl on the first row right behind the bench, thanks to great seats from Uncle Brian. The kids did great despite it being a long day. Their favorite part was dancing to the music and seeing Pouncer!





All of these pics were taken while the boys took a potty break - Ha!


  




Also, you can't see anything in the video, but you can HEAR how loud and crazy they were on the way to the game! Enclosed spaces with 2 loud children is not the best!


Here are a few more pics from the weekend...

We've been playing with sponges rollers fro Caroline's hair. She sleeps in them great!
This is what 2-day-old curls look like since we didn't wash her hair. 
Oh, how I wish it was curly (or at least have a little wave), instead of being stick straight!

Gotta get moving...I'm off to Indy this morning for another work trip! No rest for the weary traveler!

No comments:

Post a Comment