Monday, April 23, 2012

First haircut

On Saturday, we took Tyler to get his first haircut. I was on the fence about it, but it was seriously growing past his nose in the front!  It was always in his eyes, caked with dried up food and he was constantly pushing it out of the way, so I guess it was time.
In case you forgot how shaggy it was, this is a good reminder!
We took him to the Sports Clips close to our house, thinking all the TVs in there would be a good distraction.  He sat on Russ' lap and got his own mini cape fastened around him.  Miss Lauren wet his hair and trimmed the front, sides and back. She said that after the first haircut you can expect baby hair to grow in thicker. He did really well until the very end when she got out the clippers to even out his sideburns. And even then, he just squirmed and tried to get away from it...I think it tickled and the sound was new. But he really lost it when she used the hair dryer out to blow off the clippings...it scared him, plus it was nap time. Luckily, that was short lived! Ha! She saved some of the longer pieces of his hair, put it in an envelope and attached it to a cute 1st haircut certificate. I was happy for that!
Waiting at Sports Clips - BEFORE!
Getting his "batman" cape on, as she called it.
Side shot before she got started.
Glued to the TV - it worked!
Getting started - getting it wet and spiking it up!
Working on the back.
 My camera batter died, so I had to take the AFTER pics at home:
AFTER - in the back








AFTER - from the front 
AFTER - side view
With his certificate (and his banana toothbrush! Ha!)
Close up of the certificate and his hair.
So, for all you nay-sayers that were against us getting his haircut, you can see that we didn't take off that much. It was really just a trim. All day yesterday, I missed his long, fly-away hair and was sad we cut it, too. But, in looking at these pictures, it still has the crazy look on top. Ha!

I do think haircuts will be a boys outing from now on. Russ gets his hair cut at Sports Clips, too, so they can both go together. Plus, there is a Yogurt Mountain right next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment