Monday, April 30, 2012

April catch-up (with lots of pictures)

April has been so insane! I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but I have been out of town for 4 of the last 5 weekends. Crazy! 2 of the 4 had me traveling for work to races. I am excited to have a break from work travel until the end of June. We have a couple out-of-town things in May, but luckily I will be with my family for those.

My one off weekend spent at home was last weekend. We kept busy with our normal activities...mowing the yard, laundry, church, etc. I also got most all my spring planting done - 7 pots with ferns, 5 pots with hibiscus, 2 pots of begonias (the only flower I've found that the slugs don't seem to love to eat!!) and 2 flats of vincas. Yay! I have a few more things to plant for the screened porch, but it feels good to have this much done. We are just lacking mulch (which we are hiring out again this year...just don't have enough time in the weekend to do it all) and cleaning up the last bit of leaves and "worms" that the trees have left all over the place this spring. Plus, opening the pool, which is scheduled for next Friday! Yay!
LOVE Kimberly Queen ferns! And super easy -
virtually anyone can keep them alive!
Planted cherry tomatoes this year for the first time.
Hibiscus are my favorite. They instantly make me think
of the beach. And they are SO EASY to grow!
My tiny vincas that will be HUGE by the end of the summer.
We also stayed busy by installing new convertible car seats in both our cars, keeping the Nowlin kids while their mom and dad went to a Grizzlies game, assembling Tyler's new play set and watching Russ play flag football...just to name a few! We ended the weekend with a visit to the Peregoys' to meet their new baby girl, Madison. We took over Memphis Pizza Cafe and had fun visiting over dinner.
New car seat in Daddy's truck! Hallelujah!
I could not carry him in the bucket seat any longer!
Our view of Russ' flag football game from the bleachers.
A close-up of Russ and Lee!
E got a hold of the remote!
Tyler kept trying to snatch E's blanket all night.
It was really similar to his blankie!
Why do kids always want the same toys when
there are thousands of others ones to play with??
C was busy playing away!
Mass toy chaos!!
Sweet E was so tired she would just
 lay her head down where ever she was!
Newly assembled used play set purchased from Craigslist!
This past weekend, I was out of town again for work, this time to Richmond. I was dreading this trip and I cried while I put Tyler to bed on Thursday night. This was the first work trip where I was missing Saturday and part of Sunday. I was up before dawn for my 6a flight on Friday at 6a and I almost didn't make it! I didn't leave the house until 5a and there was a bad a wreck on the interstate that had traffic down to one lane. If it wasn't for a fast security line, I would've been in trouble. There is no easy way to get to Richmond from Memphis, so after 2 full flights and connecting in Atlanta, I made it. The weekend was actually pretty good, except that it was rainy most of Saturday and COLD! It was a Saturday night race and temps dipped into the 40s! Denny had a good race and our team had fun, as always. But, I was super ready to get home to my family, so after only 3 hours sleep and a 4:15a wake up call, I was back home around 11:30a Sunday. Whew! I am still trying to recover! I am glad that my next race weekend isn't until June. (Though I am headed to Tuscaloosa Thursday for an appearance with Denny. Just a day trip, luckily.)
Our suite view from turn 1 at Richmond.
Grandstand banner that I did for the track!
Another banner on the other side of the track.
Coach Joe Gibbs (owner of JGR and the #11 team that
FedEx sponsors) talking to customers. He LOVES
to tell a story and show off his Super Bowl ring!
The next few pics are of a pit stop up close and personal from pit road. I am literally leaning over the pit road wall taking these pics. Talk about behind the scenes action!! I love that FedEx can provide our customers with this experience...even if you are not a race fan, it is an amazing thing to see!



Mom came in town to help Russ with Tyler while I was out of town. This is always nice and welcomed so that Russ can do things around the house. They mainly just hung out around the house and played outside, like always. I took off on Monday because I worked all weekend and since Mom was still in town, we kept Tyler home. I spent most of the day cleaning and ridding patio furniture, cushions and the screened porch of spring pollen, but did manage some fun, too. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the rest of the weekend.
He loves his little outdoor chair. It is the perfect size!
Exploring the play set.

The wheel was the biggest hit, of course!
Playing with grass.
And now eating grass...
Eating a pine cone...see the trend? Though I wish I'd gotten
a pic of his face after he put the pine cone in his mouth! Ha!
This child loves to scoot his high chair around the kitchen!
First time playing with bubbles!





This flag looks pretty fun...

Found the dirt and grass...
...which is a LOT more fun!!
But eating it is really the MOST fun! 
(Gosh, is he a BOY or what?!)
We've been working on a new trick - "touchdown"!!
And he was demonstrating here!

Love this one with the grass in his hair!
Playing with drawer handles is a new favorite right
now. He is finding them all over the house!
For some reason after lunch he decided to try to take off his shirt.
Still trying.
Getting really close. Ha!
He is fascinated with throwing things right now. Food, pacis, sippy cups, toys...you name it, he throws it. Guess it's just the age!

No comments:

Post a Comment