Friday, April 20, 2012

While Mommy is away...

So, what did my 2 guys do at home while I was away last weekend??

They put together Tyler's wagon that was a gift and had been sitting in our attic...
Tyler "helping" - Ha!
Apparently, he loved the wheels!
Trying it out in the house.
They ate...lots of food! And had fun while doing it!
Smiling while an orange bite was still in his mouth!



They put up a baby gate from the kitchen into the laundry room....

For some reason Tyler just loves it! 
I think he thinks it's a new toy!
They also ran several errands, including getting a used playset for Tyler off Craigslist! Ha! And, yes - I was looking from Texas and sent it to Russ. We have been looking for a while and this one was in good shape and at a reasonable price. He contacted them, negotiated an even better price and picked it up. I'll post pics when we get it set up. I am sure there was a lot of playing, TV watching and laying around, too...these are just the things he told me they did and got on camera.

Gonna brag on Russ and say that this was the longest that he has kept him all by himself. (It was also the longest I have been away from Tyler, too. I saw him Thursday morning before school and got up with him on Sunday morning.) Russ and Tyler both did GREAT! Every time I checked in Russ kept saying that Tyler was being such a good boy. He usually is a really good boy, but I am so glad that he kept it up for Daddy. Russ had never even had Tyler all by himself for a full weekday (wake up, dress, bottle, daycare drop off/pick up, dinner, bath, bed) before, so he was anxious about it. I tried to help as much as I could by laying out Tyler's clothes, packing his Friday food for daycare, having pre-cut up finger foods ready in the fridge and making a list of Tyler's schedule, but nothing really prepares you to be a single parent when you are used to help!

I should also mention that my mom had made prior plans to come in town late Friday and stay through the weekend to help, but she threw her back out before Easter and it was not better (worse in fact!), so she did not make it in. Russ did not complain one time. The only thing he ever said was "this is hard". We did manage to find a very last minute sitter (thank you Nowlins!!) for Saturday night so he could go to the Redbirds game and have dinner for a friend's bachelor party. I am glad he got to go since it had been planned for a while.

AND, since I've been home, Tyler has been wanting Daddy more and more over me! (sniff, sniff.) It makes me sad, but I knew this day would come - Russ is way more fun than me! Ha! But, it just further proves what a great job he did while I was gone. I am so proud and very thankful for a loving and supportive spouse! I am so lucky!

I got home on Saturday night around midnight and both boys were snoozing. Once again, thank goodness for the corporate jet or I would've been stuck in Texas until Sunday. I got up Sunday with Tyler and was so excited to see him! We had a low-key day...Russ went to his flag football game and mowed the yard. I hung out with Tyler and did some things around the house. I also took Monday off and spent it mostly on organizing all the clothes and baby things that Tyler has outgrown. WOW!! Our attic is getting really full.
Destroying the newspaper Sunday morning!
He would have played for hours, but I
had to pick it all up when he started eating it.
So happy to be making a mess!
Big boy on his riding toy! He can't really go
anywhere yet, but still cute! It's also a walker and he
can push it on his own, but he is not really a fan yet.
Taking the wagon outside for a ride.
Not a fan of the hat I made him wear!
He finally managed to pull it up instead
of down to see. Peek-a-boo!

Always so curious...love when he
strains his neck to see something.

Oh there's Bonnie!
She's looking for her ball and he's trying to pet her. Typical.
Playing with Daddy behind the gate is so fun! (Sorry this is
orange...forgot to adjust my camera when we came inside.)
Pulling up is all we do lately.
Behind bars! Hope this is not a reoccurring
 theme...for either of them! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute... I can't decide who he looks more like, a combo of both of you at times, it seems. Love the seersucker shorts!

    ReplyDelete