| Distracting with books until Dr. H arrived. |
| Couldn't keep him happy playing on the table this time. |
His 15 month appointment included all of the basic checks plus 3 shots and a finger stick to check that his iron and other levels were normal. I also opted to go ahead and get the flu shot, too. He has definitely figured out that coming to the doctor's office equals no fun, because he was very clingy and fussy during even the most routine things like getting his weight and head measured. So, by the time the shots came, was REALLY not a happy camper. The finger prick was new for us and he hated it, of course. But I think the band-aid and cotton ball stuck on his finger afterwards was the worst part! He kept crying and picking at it and trying to sling it off. The 4 shots were just the icing on the cake. Luckily, I had his snack ready afterwards to distract him.
| Post-shots and finger prick :( |
| Get this thing OFF! |
| Running over to give me his 2nd band-aid. |
| Happy as a lark to be playing now! |
The appointment, minus the shots and scarring band-aid, went well. Dr. H was pleased that he was saying more than the normal 3-6 words (I figure he has upwards of 15-20 at least) and was happy with his eating and sleeping. He said to continue to trying get 1 vegetable serving in a day. I told him it might be green beans every day since that is his favorite and he said that was a great one to like!! Here are his stats.
Height: 31.25", 54th percentile (55th at 12 months)
Weight: 24 lbs., 3.5oz., 47th percentile (35th at 12 months)
Head circumference: 46 cm., 20th percentile (20th at 12 months)
Head circumference: 46 cm., 20th percentile (20th at 12 months)
His most favorite part of the appointment was playing in the waiting room before we got called to a room. They have a huge aquarium with colorful fish and several toys to play with. I didn't get any pictures, but he was in heaven running back and forth to play with everything.
Next appointment is at 18 months. I think that is our last round of shots for a good long while. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment