Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day weekend

I have been looking forward to Labor Day weekend for so long. Mom came in town to help us with Tyler so Russ and I could get some much needed work done around the house. I am also finally feeling not as nauseous and sick and have a little more energy and motivation to tackle the ever-growing to-do list.

So most of our weekend was spent at home. Several weeks ago we had a separate AC and furnace installed upstairs so that we could move the guest room up there and use the downstairs guest room as Tyler's big bog room and the nursery would be for #2. Switching these rooms means finally cleaning out all the closets upstairs and down, consolidating and honestly donating a lot of stuff. I organized the things I wanted to keep in bins (and broke out my label maker...yes, I am a dork) and the spaces are looking a lot better.

Russ started work on Tyler's big boy room. The room was still bright yellow from when we moved in and I have always wanted to paint it. We decided to stripe the walls and this turned out to be quite a project! I also did a mini-makeover on the plain white ceiling fan with some stripes and we added a light kit and a drum shade...a lot cheaper and cuter, I think, than buying a new one. Thank you, Pinterest.  We ordered a 2nd crib and have a loaned dresser from my mom. There is still a lot of work to go in his room, but this is good progress.

First color is on...now putting the tape up for the stripes!
Darker color on...hoping that the tape worked well!

Looking good. There were a few places to touch
up, but not too many! Russ did a great job!
I am pretty proud of my fan makeover!
We did take some time for fun on Saturday for the first Tiger football game of the season. Russ went out to tailgate early and we met him there after Tyler's marathon almost 4 hour nap that day. I forgot my camera, but I did manage to get a few pictures on my phone. Tyler was a little overwhelmed by all the people at the tailgate (and the extra attention he was getting, I think), but he still did great. He has such a chill attitude...I'm so glad he got that from Russ! Ha! He loved the game, too! Our new, big scoreboard keep him very entertained and he loved clapping with everyone else. Mom and I had planned to leave at halftime with him anyway, but we were glad we did since a horrible storm came through the area clearing the fields and the stands and causing a 3 hour rain delay. The Tigers ended up losing, but we still had a great time.




Watching the game.
The rest of the weekend was spent doing more of the same around the house. Here are a few more fun pictures I got of Tyler.




Being silly!
He loves playing in this big bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment