Sunday, our first full day at the beach, was my birthday. The day started off very low-key, playing with the kids inside the condo. The day was pretty gloomy and a little rainy, but we still suited Tyler up and he and Russ played in the pool while Caroline took a nap. Russ got a break in the hot tub while Granna, Tyler and I walked on the beach for a little bit. Tyler LOVED trying to "catch" the birds and walking in the tracks left by carts/cars on the beach.
 |
| Caroline playing peekaboo in my hat! |
 |
| He loved writing his name in the sand. |
 |
| He asked Granna to write over and over. |
Granna stayed with the kids when they went down for a nap while Russ and I got showered and headed out for a late lunch. We choose the Crap Trap in Destin since we had never been and it has a beautiful view of the ocean. We enjoyed calamari, crab legs and a surprise piece of key lime pie from the restaurant for lunch before we headed to the outlet mall. Russ and I always hit up the outlet mall when we go to the beach. Russ hates to shop so we try to stock up on things he needs while we're there. We spent a couple hours (and lots of $$), but we found some great things for me, him and the kids. It was SO nice to have some quiet time just for ourselves.
 |
| Our view from lunch! |
 |
| We shared 2 lbs. of crab legs. |
We got back to the condo in time to help with dinner (spaghetti). Mom got a yummy strawberry cake from Publix and Tyler helped me blow out the candles. He was SO excited for cake! I can't remember the last time I had a birthday cake...it definitely made me feel very special. I asked for money to buy a new den rug so that's what I mostly got. I did get a couple fun gifts including a new bracelet from Russ and kids and a game and book from Brian and Lindsay.
 |
| SO excited for cake!! |
It really was a special day and one that will be hard to top. It was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment