Our little lady is 7 months old and is cute as can be!
Your cheeks are just so squeezable and kissable, I just can't stand it! I know it is from all your eating...you are taking 7oz bottles 4-5 times a day in addition to baby food at all meals. A big change for Mama happened this month...I stopped pumping at work. It is just so hard to make the time and I felt like I was chained down. There was one second of guilt, but I am so glad I did it now. I have a nice little freezer stash and am still breastfeeding in the morning and at night, so you are still getting the good stuff more than formula. But luckily, you have always eagerly
drank either with no problem.
You are still in size 2 diapers and in 3-6 month clothes, but are definitely filling them out!
You get an A+ in the sleep department!! Our work to drop your dream feed and get you to bed earlier worked and you now consistently go down between 7:30-8:15p and sleep until at least 6:30a. Hooray!
You did lots of NEW things this month:
- You said your first word on August 3rd..."da-da". This was your brother's first word, too, so I expected it. It has been hard to catch it on video, but we will keep trying.
- You have enough hair to actually clip a hair bow in your hair without a headband! You wore your first clipped bow to church and, of course, it was pink. It was PJ day in Adventureland so we had to have a hair bow to girl-up your outfit!
- You got your first tooth this month, too! It is a bottom one and I first felt it pop through your gums on August 7th. I suspect you will have 2 bottom teeth before the end of the month. You are still spitting up and drooling like a crazy kid, but I bet once both bottom teeth pop through, that will get bettter.
- You got your first real fever (101.9) and throw up virus this month...and you managed to give it to all of us! You felt so bad that you didn't want to eat much. Having no appetite is always my clue that your brother is sick, too.
Other fun things about our sweet little girl:
- You love to spit! So girly, right?! You think it is so fun to play with your mouth and get spit everywhere. Haha!
- You are reaching for and grabbing everything in sight! Nothing is safe within arms length of you. Your most favorite thing to grab is my phone...and you are quick and strong!
- You are so much more observant of both Tyler and Bonnie. You follow their every move all around the house. You also love to squeal and you and Tyler will have these loud squealing matches back and forth. He squeals, then you squeal back and you both laugh hysterically. It is so cute!
- You are actually starting to play with toys now when we give them to you. Of course, most things just go right in your mouth. You are sitting up much better this month, which allows us to put you on the floor with toys to play, too. And you are sitting up in the bathtub on your own, too, which actual makes it a little harder to bathe you and get all your girl parts clean!
- In the mornings, we will find you turned around in bed facing the other direction. I guess you move around a lot in your sleep. And now that you can sit up, you are also able to reach and turn on your mobile by yourself, too. Such a big girl!!
- You are skiddish and are very easily startled. You usually don't cry, but you make the funniest faces after you are scared.
- EVERYONE says you look just like Tyler! I said that from the moment you were born...Mama knows best! :)
You are just the sweetest girl we could have ever, EVER hoped for. Your Daddy and I just love you so much! We look at you and then say to each other all the time that we can't believe we have such a perfect little angel GIRL!
Here are some of my favorite pictures of you from the past month:
 |
| Tyler and Daddy playing with you on the floor. |
 |
| Watching TV. |
 |
| Brother checking on you...you laid back because you were tired of sitting up. |
 |
| First bow clipped in your hair on PJ day at church! |
No comments:
Post a Comment