Friday, September 6, 2013

Tyler goes to the dentist

I took Tyler to the dentist yesterday for his semi-annual checkup. What a difference 6 months makes! At his last visit, I remember it was difficult to get him in the office from the parking lot, up the elevator and keep him entertained in the waiting room. The waiting was still a little tricky (as he did not want to share with the other little girl who was also waiting and he got restless), but he walked in from the parking lot holding my hand and got on and off the elevator like a champ. Maybe there is hope!! Ha!

Tyler did amazingly well when it was his turn to see Dr. McCann. You would never know that it is sometimes a struggle for us to brush his teeth because he did SO great for him. I guess if I had my choice, that's how I'd want it to be! While we went into a real exam room this time, I still held him in my lap while he leaned his head backwards for the doctor to look in his mouth. Dr. McCann was awesome with Tyler, making funny sounds and voices that Tyler thought was super funny. He was very proud of how good his gums looked and told us to keep up the consistency of brushing to develop good habits. We also talked about his front left tooth that took a hit a couple months ago that Russ thought was turning colors...he said it looked ok, but that we'd watch it and that many more falls were bound to happen at his age. He still has the attached upper frenulum, but he said it was common and to leave it alone for now.

Tyler got a new Cars toothbrush with Lightening McQueen on it, so he was ecstatic!

Playing in the airplane in the waiting room.
He loved climbing up and down out of the kid-sized exam chair.
And once he discovered this chair spun around, it was all over. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment