I was treated to a rare day out with the girls on Saturday. It was my first time to be without kiddos all day since before Caroline was born. Honestly, it had been since my last work trip to Phoenix in November of last year! Needless to say it was WAY overdue! We went to Oxford to go shopping and had a wonderful time! We had lunch on the square at AJAX and I came home with a few new treasures, including some jewelry, dark brown cowboy boots and a rusted, giant letter "B" for the gallery wall I'm working on in the den. I was a great day and we hope to do it again in the spring.
Since I had the day off, Russ had the kids on his own. He decided to head to Jackson to visit his Aunt and Uncle and have a little help with the kids. I was told Caroline was a perfect angel, as she most always is - she ate, napped well and soaked up all the attention. Tyler was good, too, despite landing himself in timeout twice before they even got in the car and missing his afternoon nap! He loved playing with all of Nana and Pop's toys, eating a special star-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich and chasing Spike and Buster around the house.
 |
| Pop really wanted to feed Caroline. |
 |
| I know Tyler got lots of loving from Nana. |
 |
| Squirrel watching! |
 |
| Caroline loves playing with cars! |
 |
| Cousin Mitch came over to play, too! |
It probably would've been easier for Russ to stay home with the kids, despite having some help, but I am so grateful that he went. I know Nana and Pop had fun! I loved the day away, but was super excited to hug on those munchkins when they got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment