Monday, November 18, 2013

Victory Lane!

I started back to traveling for work last week. First up was a 3-day trip to NYC to meet with the NFL. (I will be working on some upcoming NFL projects for Super Bowl and NFL Draft since that sponsorship is now on our team.) Russ was also out of town last week traveling to Nashville for work, so Granna came in town to keep the kids. Not sure what we would do with her!

I was home from NYC for about 17 hours before I headed back to the airport bound for Miami for Homestead...the final NASCAR race of the season (and my first to attend all year since having Caroline.) I got in late Saturday afternoon and was able to relax before our team dinner by the pool with the iPad for a couple hours...it was heavenly!

Race day was super busy, but it was great to get back in the swing of things at the track. We had a few execs in town for the race and 2 of my good friends, April and Lauren, also attended from the FedEx Brand team. And Denny pulled off the WIN, which was AMAZING!! It was his first win of the year after a super trying season and he and the team really needed it! Plus, it was my first trip to Victory Lane, which was super fun! By the end of the night, we were all covered in coke, champagne, wine and Gatorade after lots of celebrating. We all felt completely disgusting on the jet ride home, but I was thankful to get home that night to my family and a shower. 

When I got home, I checked in on the sleeping kiddos. Tyler was sleeping with his #11 "Denny car". Love that kid! He and Russ watched the end of race and Tyler was both excited and confused that both Denny (race winner) and Jimmie Johnson (championship winner) came out on top. He said "uh-oh, he crashed" when he saw Denny doing burnouts at the end of the race. Ha! 

Lots of pictures ahead from a fabulous day!
Coach Joe Gibbs talking to customers in the suite.
On the grid by the car pre-race.
Our boys were on their A-game with pit stops the entire race! Truly a team sport!


Denny wins! Celebrate!!
View of Victory burnouts from our pit box!
The crew doing a celebratory prayer in true JGR fashion!
The guys on the wall celebrating the win!



Victory Lane!
Victory Lane photo with the entire team!! Yes, I'm in there...in the back to the right of the trophy.
Champagne "toasting"! HA!

Post-win media interviews.
The FedEx team with Darian (our crew chief), Denny and Coach!
Me, Lauren and April COVERED in Coke, Champagne and who knows what else!

No comments:

Post a Comment