We had our first Family Movie night on Friday, complete with pajamas, hot chocolate, popcorn, cookies and candy. Super healthy dinner, I know, but you only live once!
The movie choice was "The Polar Express" to get us in the Christmas spirit. We are starting several new Christmas traditions this year, one being a Lionel Polar Express train to go around our Christmas tree!! Our Elf on the Shelf (new this year, too) will be bringing it after Thanksgiving, so we wanted Tyler to at least know what it was. We prepped him before school and after that we were going to watch the "Christmas Train" that night. Tyler came home super excited for Family Movie Night and was even more excited for popcorn and candy. He loved getting to skip bath time, wear his new Christmas PJs that matched with Caroline and stay up late.
Tyler seemed to enjoy the movie. And it was Russ and I's first time to see it all the way through, too. There were parts when the kids were walking on top of the train that were a little scary and Tyler was SO concerned. He kept screaming, "what's going to happen??" over and over and had the most worried and upset face I've ever seen. It was pretty cute.
Our little wild child Caroline "watched" the movie, too. Russ and I passed her back and forth several times as she is quite the handful these days. She is super active and loves to pull-up, bounce and grab ANYTHING she can get her hands on.
It was a super fun night that we all really enjoyed. I hope there are many more Family Movie Nights in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment