Monday, April 20, 2015

Baseball, Soccer and Other Weekend Fun

We had family fun doing lots of sporty things as a family. Friday night, we went to see the University of Memphis baseball game at FedEx Park. The kids and I had never been and we wanted to support our Tiger team, who is actually pretty good this year. The Park is fairly new and was really nice and very family friendly. I got tickets through work and we grabbed some hot dogs from the concession stand and made a night of it. The had a great time, but loved eating, climbing up and down the stairs and running around with all the other kids a little more than actually watching the game.


They are obsessed with seeing these tigers all over town, so of course they flocked straight to this one and climbed all over it! 








The next morning, Tyler had soccer. This was only my 2nd time to see him play since I missed the week before and he is really getting the hang of it. He didn't use his hands much at all and I am noticing that he is getting a little better a dribbling instead of kicking the ball as hard as he can. He is fast and is usually one of the first to get to the ball if he is paying attention. He is starting to get a little aggressive on the field...pushing kids and all trying to get to the ball. Honestly, most all of them are doing that, but it was slightly embarrassing to cheer for your child who had just scored a goal after pushing someone down. #whoops The coaches are starting to stop them in the moment and coach them as they are making those mistakes, so that is good. We enjoyed breakfast with the Whitleys after soccer.









Trying to keep her from lining up in the goal was pretty impossible.

She sat in this chair and yelled "Go Tyler!" :)
Tyler and Wes ready to go eat some breakfast!
After breakfast, Russ headed out of town to Nashville for the day and night for his work's shareholders meeting, so I had the kids solo. After their nap, I ventured out with them to run a few errands. I never do this and now I know why!! It is hard to shop with littles...it take 3x as long, you are telling them "don't touch" and "no, we aren't buying that" constantly, you are threatening them more and more with each store you go to and you are just plain exhausted at the end! We made it home and had a treat of popcorn for dinner while we rested and watched a movie. I thought I would be in the bed early, but I actually stayed up late working on various projects around the house.

Russ got up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to come home. We wanted to attend an Exploring Membership class at Christ Methodist at 11a, so he hightailed it back for that. We decided to make the commitment to officially join this week. We are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment