Friday, April 24, 2015

Field Day!!

I took off work to be at the kids first Field Day at CtK which was held today. The forecast was a little iffy, but the rain held out, which was great because it had already been rained out once. After a morning devotional, the classes headed down to the fields. Each class wore a different colored shirt, which was really smart, so you could more easily keep them together.

Her shirt was more like a dress on her... :)

Rowan and Caroline
Caroline with her buddy Connor
The upper school organized all the Field Day games and helped the little kids participate at each station. I had my work cut out for me since I was trying to visit and participate with both kids and their classes. I started with Tyler's class and saw a few of his events, which was good, because once I went over to Caroline's, it was all over. She was in tears the entire time, wanted me to hold her and did not want to participate...at all! This is sooo not like Caroline at all, who is usually full of energy and up for anything. She gets like this a lot at school for me when I do things that are not the norm...like showing up for special programs and dropping off in the mornings (Russ usually does that). I ended up carting her back and forth with me to her class and Tyler's class. She LOVED the attention she got from the kids in Tyler's class and I think she would have been happiest just hanging out there.












She was not too happy to take a group picture... :)
By the end, Caroline did participate in a few activities, but I unfortunately I missed a lot of the events with Tyler since I was trying to appease her. Oh well. Tyler had a blast and didn't mind that I was only popping in. And next year, she'll be bigger and will probably enjoy it much more.

"Racing" the shopping carts with Connor









The whole class had the most fun throwing the hay and climbing on the bench in the dugout!







Caroline got in on the parachute fun with Tyler's class, too.


Both classes ended with popcorn and sno-cone treats, which were a huge hit for all! I helped Caroline's class get back to their room and stayed with them while they played on the playground for a little bit, which was a nice way to end a fun morning spent with them.



Tyler and his best school buddy, Rett. We are so so sad that they are
leaving CtK at the end of the school year. Tyler will be crushed.





No comments:

Post a Comment