Before the weekend, I volunteered at a FedEx Cares event that my work friend Rachel coordinated. The large group of us volunteered all over Shelby Farms and at the Wolf River Conservatory. I helped out by pulling privet and planting native plant seedlings in its place...it was hard was, but nice to help out, too. Plus, it was a gorgeous spring day and it was nice to spend it outside.
![]() |
| The entire group who volunteered! |
![]() |
| Chris getting his ear molds for his radio...a rite of passage for new team members. :) |
![]() |
| Signing start/finish... |
![]() |
| On the grid pre-race just before the anthem. |
![]() |
| Green flag! |
Saturday morning, the kids, Russ and Granna headed to CBHS for more soccer. This was only our 2nd game of the season since we had a rain out and Easter. It was Granna's first time to see Tyler play and he apparently did awesome...he didn't use his hands any and he scored a hat trick (3 goals). Sounds like he is really getting the hang of it! When I talked to Tyler later in the day, he kept telling me he tricked all the other kids at soccer...Ha!
One of Tyler's goals...he is really getting into soccer, it seems. :)
Since Granna was in town, Russ was able to work on the drainage project Saturday and he finished it up on Sunday - hooray! I am sure you all who have been following this project are sick of me talking about it, but I really am so proud of him. It was a lot of hard, physical work that he did over many weekends. He worked tireless and got it done all himself. It won't fix all of our drainage issues around the house, but it well certainly help. And he saved our family so much money by doing it himself...I am so grateful for a handy guy! Now, we wait for the grass seed to grow!
Caroline chowed down on some corn that night for dinner, too... :)
I took Monday off as a comp day from the Saturday travel and started the day by taking the kids to the dentist. This was the first time I scheduled both kids appts at the same time. It was definitely a little hectic because neither kid wanted to sit still while we waited, but at least Tyler is getting a little better each time with the actual checkup part. He sat in the exam chair for his whole checkup! Next time, they told him he will graduate to the "big boy" chair...he was super pumped! Caroline was still not a fan and sat in my lap for her exam. But once she finally stopped crying long enough to discover the toothpaste they were using tasted yummy, her tears stopped. Since I was trying to hold her down, no pics of her. I told Russ that he is on point for the next kids dentist appts... :)






































No comments:
Post a Comment