Happy New Year! 2016 is off to a great! I'm kicking it off with some fun pics of the kids celebrating the new year at school! (These were actually taken back in December.)
I loved that New Years Day was on a Friday...it made for an awesome 3 day weekend! Russ and I started our New Year on the couch watching TV and resting from our fun night out on New Years Eve. I was thankful that I didn't overindulge nearly as much as I did last year, so I didn't feel awful...just tired! Since the kids were still at Granna's in Clarksville, we indulged in relaxing most of the day before we got off our bums and tried to be productive. It was glorious and hopefully a tradition we can continue year after year.
Bright and early on Saturday, we left to meet Granna to pick up the kids. We were both really excited to see and the kids were thrilled to see us too. It took about a 5 hours roundtrip, since we stopped to eat on the way home. As soon as we got home, Russ and Tyler took off for the FedExForum to see "Marvels Live". It had all the major superheros, so Tyler was pretty excited. We had no idea what to expect, but apparently there was a lot hanging from the ceiling and stunt motorcycle acts involved and it was loud. But Tyler LOVED it!
 |
| All dressed up and ready for the show! |
 |
| My best boys at intermission. |
 |
| Our Spiderman wanted to do this after the show! Ha! |
While they were gone, Caroline napped and finished my closet purge. We hung out watching Cinderella and played after she got up.
We spent the rest of Sunday in denial that it was back to work and school the next morning. The dreaded Monday morning was HARD! As is apparent by the picture I took of Caroline on our way out the door...she was upset that she didn't get to go out the door first (Tyler did). So instead of crying, she just through herself dramatically on the floor face down and laid there. Drama queen!
 |
| Monday morning after a holiday be like... :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment