Earlier in the week though, Tyler celebrated his half birthday at school. This is something new they started for all the kids with summer birthdays. Tyler was super pumped about it and asked me to bring in chocolate donuts with sprinkles to celebrate. He was very adamant that HE get a whole donut while everyone else just got a half...hahaha! I went to see morning devotionals where Tyler got to stand in the front with Mrs. Laury, pick out the songs and help lead the morning. He did a great job!
![]() |
| Saying the Pledge of Allegiance. |
Now to the weekend...first up for the kids was Christopher's 5th birthday party at the Kroc Center. Russ was a saint and took both kids while I got some grocery shopping done and got our house in order. I have yet to really see all that Kroc has to offer, but I've heard it's really neat. Russ said the kids had a lot of fun. From the pictures it looks like Caroline did her own thing most of the time...Ha!
Later than night, we got a babysitter so we could have a date night. We joined a group of friends who went over to Todd's and enjoyed dinner cooked by him and Katie and played a little Cards Against Humanity. It was a fun night.
The next day, we went to church and that afternoon, Tyler and I had a date to see "Peter Pan" at Playhouse on the Square. We saw it last year and he loved it, so when I was able to get 4 tickets through work again, we invited Cooper and Kalista to join us. The boys had a big time and we all LOVED getting to see the youngest cast member, Izzy Cochran perform. She is the daughter of a sweet, longtime sorority sister and now coworker and she was AMAZING! The whole cast was really just SO good! I hope they do the show next year, too, because I would love to take Caroline. I also hope my kids learn to love the theater as much as I do and maybe even want to participate when they get older, too. I have such happy childhood memories of those times.
Izzie! You can't take pics during the show, but I stole this from Julie's page. She was the youngest in the entire cast and was amazing! In addition to playing a Lost Boy with several lines throughout, she got to play Jane's daughter at the end with more speaking. And she got to fly!! Bravo Izzie! I was super impressed!






















No comments:
Post a Comment