Monday, October 17, 2011

Fun with rice cereal

Yep! At the recommendation of our pediatrician, Tyler is now eating rice cereal. Such a big boy! We introduced it on Saturday and he wasn't much of a fan. But, he had just eaten and I made it like the package instructs and it was really runny. He probably only swallowed a few bites, as most of it ended up on his face.
In my bumbo with my bib on, ready to eat!

We tried it again yesterday right before meal time and I made it thicker. He seemed to like it MUCH better and he finished the entire bowl, which was probably about 2-3 tablespoons. Every time he saw the spoon, he starting smacking his lips!



He will get rice cereal once a day this week and then twice a day next week, just to get him used to eating by spoon. Then we get to try stage 1 baby foods. So exciting! I bought several different kinds this weekend for him to try. Once we know his favorites, I plan to attempt to make his baby food. Let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment