Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sick Boy

It was bound to happen. Tyler got his first fever and virus. I just had no idea it would be after only 3 days at daycare. That must be some kind of record! In all actuality, I think he picked this up from me or Russ...we both have been fighting cold symptoms since the weekend and we just assumed it was allergies.

Russ called me after he dropped T off at daycare on Wednesday morning and asked if they sent kids home for sneezing because Tyler was sneezing a lot in the car. I laughed and said no...babies just sneeze a lot. Well, Russ was on to something because when I picked him up, he was all snotty and congested. His teachers also said he only slept a whooping 10 minutes all day.  This was troublesome since he had a really bad night of sleep on Tuesday, refusing to sleep in his crib. This was one overtired baby!

He fell asleep in the car and napped for 30 minutes more at home. Then he was just really lethargic, content being held and fell asleep again in my lap. Not typical. Took his temperature...101.3. Not super high, but still a fever. So we gave him infant Tylenol and let him sleep in his swing that night so he could breathe better upright. Poor baby.

He seemed better this morning, but still congested, goopy eyes, slight fever, etc. So, I stayed home today and took him to the doctor. He can't go to daycare anyway until he is fever-free for 24 hours. T did great at the doctor...smiling and happy and did not even look sick, as you will see by the pictures below. And yes, you will see a combo of spit up, drool and snot on his super cute spider shirt. Haha! I was worried that it was an ear infection, but his doctor said T's ears were clear and that he should feel better by the weekend. Yay! He said to expect him to stay sick a lot over the next couple months, as he will be exposed to lots of new viruses at daycare. Especially since flu season is upon us. Super.  He was pretty cranky the rest of the day, but it was nice to be home with him. He just wanted to be held. Awww!




No comments:

Post a Comment