Monday, October 3, 2011

Back to reality...first day!

Today was my first day back at work! Boo hoo!! I have so loved being home with Tyler for 16 weeks and would not trade this time for anything. I honestly do not know how mom's go back sooner than this!! But, I must admit, that I am looking forward to getting into a better routine and to having more adult time with my work friends that I have missed so much.

Today was also Tyler's first day at day care! We are super excited about Tyler's day care...it was our first choice day care and we only found out that he got in just a few weeks ago. It is conveniently located in East Memphis, close to where we live and where Russ and I work. It is a day care...just sweet ladies loving on babies, but that is all he really needs right now. We will likely move him to a preschool for more structured learning when he gets older. There are 7 other infants in his room and he is the 2nd youngest in his class, so he should get lots of attention. We feel good about our decision and that is what matters!

I took him on his first day and Russ met us there. In the future, Russ will do morning drop off and I will pick up. I think it will be good one-on-one time for both Russ and I... but I think I got the better shift, in my opinion! :) I held it together pretty well considering it was his first day...only teared up right when we got there, but pulled through without any crying. Of course, we documented the occasion!!

Tyler and Mommy before we left the house
The traditional first day shot with backpack. Ha!
Daddy met us there!
Family shot before the hand off!
Driving away...sad!
It was a good first day back for me, spent mostly on visiting with everyone at work. I have flexible hours this week, so I was able to leave around 3:30p to go get Tyler. Ms. Angie and Ms. Erika said he did great - took both his bottles like a champ and took 2 naps for a total of 1 1/2 hours! Way to go Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment