Saturday, December 31, 2011

After Christmas stay-cation

We are starting to recover from the craziness of Christmas! Russ and I were on vacation all week and hve been looking forward to spending it at home. After twisting Russ's arm (he preferred to play video games), we used Thursday and Friday to get some things done around the house. Tyler's daycare was open, so off he went so Mom and Dad could be productive. I had a list a mile long of things to do and we made a pretty good dent. We unpacked from our Christmas travels, did laundry and put away all the gifts. I got a bike for Christmas, so Russ hung both of our bikes from the ceiling in our garage storage area. Just a bunch of stuff like that!
We hung this in the kitchen to display all of Tyler's artwork!
The angel was our Christmas gift that he made for us at daycare.

Much of our time was spent upstairs...Russ was doing his once-a-year filing purge (that took almost an entire day!) We moved the foosball table into the attic for now since we are not using it and converted that space into a play area for Tyler. His new basketball goal from Uncle Brian and toy box look great in the new space. Russ installed a baby gate at the top of the stairs, too. I really like how it turned out and am excited to break it in tomorrow during our New Years Party!
Putting together the toy box.
The playroom!
Trying it out!
Trapped for safety!
It was simply gorgeous outside this weekend, so we took the opportunity to let Tyler "test drive" his new car. Granna actually got this at a consignment sale and we brought it back with us. 



Tyler is really starting to grow on Bonnie. Of course, he LOVES her!
That night, we had some fun in the bath tub
and Daddy made Tyler's hair crazy!
Check out my mohawk!
New Years Eve night we had suite tickets for the University of Memphis game. So, we left Tyler at home with some very sweet friends (David and Ramona) that offered to watch him. (Finding a sitter on NYE was  next to impossible!!) Russ and I enjoyed sushi before we headed downtown. The game was fun and the Tigers won. We made it home in time to toast 2012 with David and Ramona! It was a great night!

It was a busy couple of days, but we still managed to squeeze in some fun. Plus, I am feeling so much better about starting the New Year and going back to work now that my to-do list is a little less full! Russ says I'll just fill it up with new stuff.  Hahaha! (He's right!!)

1 comment:

  1. ha! I love how he holds the steering wheel like a little man. So funny!

    ReplyDelete