Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another busy weekend

I thought things were supposed to slow down after the holidays?! Well, that is not the case with the Brasfields. We seem to be busier than ever lately! I am ok with that, really. I like all the busyness and creating memories with family and friends.

On Friday night, Russ had father/son time with Tyler while I went to a painting party to celebrate Kate and Shea's birthdays. It was my first time to paint at ArtJAMn in Cooper Young and I really loved the laid back vibe. We had a choice between four paintings. You could also chose to paint freestyle...which was way too intimidating for me!! I chose the guitar, because I thought Russ and Tyler would like it the best.  It was super fun, relaxing, relatively easy and so nice to catch up with friends over dinner, wine and painting. Thanks for the invite, Shea and Kate.
My masterpiece! Now, where to hang it??
The group! What a fun night! 

Saturday morning was pretty low key and it was nice to have some family time. Tyler has started to babble and play in the mornings when he wakes up. It is so fun to hear him on the monitor. About half of the time he has rolled down to the bottom of his crib and is on his stomach. Russ and I love going in to get him because when he hears the door open, he pops his little head up and shoots us a smile.
Peekaboo!! I see you!
Look at all that snot! Lovely. But cute.
We went to Collierville that afternoon to celebrate Maddison's 4th birthday. It was a Rapunzel princess party complete with face painters and a balloon artist. Maddison was SO smitten with Tyler that she would've been content with just having him at her party, I think! She wanted to hold and play with him so much that I had to remind her several times that he was a "real baby". It was really sweet and she will make a great babysitter some day.
Happy Birthday sweet girl!! 
Love this one!
Tyler enjoyed playing with balloons for the first time!
After the party, we decided to go to church on Saturday night so that we didn't have to get up on Sunday morning. It was a good service. Sunday we met Uncle Brian at the zoo (see previous post). After the zoo, we went to the Johnstons for dinner and visiting. Cami, Brian and Preston came over, too. We hadn't seen the Johnston boys or the Fields since our Halloween neighborhood get together. I can't believe how much they have all grown! Alex and Reed had gathered a bunch of baby toys for Preston and Tyler to play with and we had fun visiting.
Preston is a BUSY little boy! But such a cutie!
These two will be in the same preschool next year.
What fun they will have together!
Tyler (7mo), Alex (6), Reed (4), Preston (11mo)
Yummy! New toys to chew on!!
Russ showing off his juggling skills.
Reed and Alex loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment