We had a pretty low-key weekend. Mainly because I was sick. I got mastitis from nursing and it was AWFUL. I seriously would not wish it on my worst enemy.The recovery is slow and I am still working on getting better, but the 4 prescriptions I am taking are helping a lot. By mid-day Saturday, I was feeling somewhat human again, but we still had to cancel our super-fun Saturday night plans. Oh well, that's life.
Granna was in town because she watched Tyler for us earlier in the week so we could go to the Memphis v. UT basketball game. I was glad she was here to help with Tyler since I was feeling so crummy.
 |
Granna and Tyler went on long walks since it was so nice out. |
 |
| I took 2 legs off and now Tyler can sit and play. |
 |
| He loves to "drive". |
 |
Watching his Baby Genius Nursery Rhymes DVD with Granna. |
Elisha and Kate came to visit on Saturday. We had not exchanged Christmas gifts with them yet (Elisha is Tyler's Godmother!) Tyler got the cutest monogrammed overnight bag (that matches his daycare backpack they also gave us!) and we gave Elisha a framed picture of Tyler and a Memphis Tigers chip and dip bowl. It was a nice visit.
Over the weekend, Russ worked on building new shelves in the laundry room. I am on an organizational kick to start of the New Year and the laundry/pantry/mudroom is the first space on my list. Tyler "helped", too. I hope that he will learn many DIY skills from Russ...it is so nice to have a handy man around the house!
 |
| Making sure the shelf is level |
 |
| Wonder if Tyler will love levels as much as Russ does? |
 |
| My handymen! |
On Sunday, Russ put up Tyler's swing. Tyler tried it out and was not too sure about it yet. It was getting dark and it was cold. I am sure he will love it soon.
 |
| A lot of work to hang a swing! |
 |
| So serious. |
 |
| Just a swinging... |
Tyler has really been experimenting with his voice. He is making all kinds of sounds and has started babbling...A LOT!! He said "DA-DA" for the first time, though we are not sure he knows who "DA-DA" is! Ha! He has also started yelling and he loves the attention it gets him. Granna started mocking him and "yelling" back at him. They went back and forth and it became a game we all played with him all weekend. It is was so funny!
 |
| Tyler and "DA-DA" |
 |
| Love this little guy! |
Before Granna left, we did play a game, since I was feeling better. Our family LOVES to play games together. I seriously can't wait until Tyler is old enough to play! I have great memories of playing games with my mom, brother and aunt as a child. One of our very favorites is "Ticket to Ride" or "The Train Game" as we like to call it. It is fun, strategic and different game that we never get tired of playing. We have the U.S. version here and Mom has the Europe version at her house. Highly recommend it if your family likes to play games, too. Tyler woke up a little early from his nap, so he helped me...and we won...by A LOT!
 |
| Calculating our next move! |
 |
| Helping to hold the cards. |
 |
He did really well and actually let us finish the game. And didn't try to eat the cards too much! |
No comments:
Post a Comment