Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Caroline's First Doctor's Visit

Caroline went for her first doctor's visit yesterday to see Dr. H for her 2 week checkup. She did great when I undressed her to be measured and weighed...she did not even cry!

Her appointment went quickly as I didn't have a ton of questions since she is #2. He checked her out - ears, nose, listened to her heartbeat, etc...all making her cry of course. I had noticed she looked a little jaundiced (Tyler was too) and he said it was not bad at all and was nothing to worry about. We talked about nighttime sleep and since she had gained back up to and past her birth weight, Dr. H said I could let her sleep as long as she wanted to at night. I told him that I was worried that she's been congested and I'd already seen some green snot in her nose. He didn't like that either and said to just monitor her for fever and if it gets higher than 100 to call and come in. Hoping it's just a little cold with us all being so sickly.

Here are her 2 week stats...she is measuring ahead of Tyler in all areas at this age.

Length: 20.25"; 63rd percentile
(They had her at 20.5" in the hospital, so it is likely that they measured her incorrectly there. It is so hard to get an infant's length after birth since they are used to being so balled up.)
Weight: 6lbs, 4.5 oz; 6th percentile
Head circumference: 34cm; 20th percentile




Her next appointment will be just after Easter at 2 months and that's when all the shots begin! Super! It's funny that we just got through all the frequent doctors appointments and shots with Tyler (except for the flu shot) until his 5 year appointment and now we're starting them all over with Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment