Thursday, February 28, 2013

Caroline's Newborn Pictures

Caroline had her first official photo shoot when she was 9 days old. The fabulous Cassie from Bousson Photography came to our house that morning loaded down with a ton of props. Daddy came home from work for an hour and Tyler stayed home from school that morning so they could be in a few pictures, too. I was glad Granna was there to help with Tyler because getting myself ready that early on limited sleep proved to be a challenge.

We took a few family pictures first so Russ could head back to work and Granna could take Tyler to school.  Then it was solo picture time for Miss Caroline!! She, like Tyler, LOVES to be swaddled to sleep, so we were not able to get some of the cute, naked, sleeping baby poses that we wanted. But it wasn't for lack of trying though!!  We had a heating pad under the blanket and a space heater on Caroline to get her nice and warm and comfy. Cassie was SO patient...we moved Caroline around into several positions, changed out accessories and props, switched blankets that she pee'ed and pooped on, stopped for a feeding break...all to get great pictures. The session took about 3 hours and I was exhausted at the end of it! So was Caroline...she slept all afternoon!

Again, I am SO thrilled with all the great pictures, especially the family ones. I can't wait for her 4 month pictures!!




















Here is Caroline's birth announcement that I created using all of Cassie's wonderful pictures. I spent almost an entire day on several different card sites to find the look I was going for. Even when I decided on this one, I was not sure, but I fell in LOVE with them when they came!!!  I did make a goof on the back and put her length as 21" when she was really 20.5"...whoops! I messed up Tyler's announcements, too, and put that he was born at 7:36p when it was really 7:34p. Oh well!!  I am blaming sleep deprivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment