Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tigers and Circus Fun

This weekend was a busy one filled with some new family firsts. On Saturday, Russ and Tyler went to the Tigers game while Caroline and I stayed home. Tyler just loves going to the games and Russ said he was such a good boy, even with the game being during nap time. Tyler shared chicken fingers and fries with Daddy for lunch and after the game he walked all the way from our seats to the car in the garage holding Daddy's hand. Such a big boy!

Tyler was leaning over the railing just watching the game.
We went to church as a family of 4 for the first time since having Caroline on Saturday night. Tyler went to the toddler room during church like always and we sat in the cry room with Caroline. Sweet C was so good and slept in her carseat in the stroller the entire time!

Sunday afternoon we met the Matthews family at the Shiner Circus. This was the first time we've taken Tyler to the circus and this one was perfect because it was small and we sat relatively close so he could see everything. Plus, our entire family went for only $10! The Tigers and the Sheep Dog acts were our favorites! My only complaints were that it was super hot inside, but once they turned the fans on it got better. I was also wearing Caroline, so I am pretty sure that made me way warmer than most. And the show didn't start on time and had a super long intermission...super annoying with a toddler that doesn't always like to sit still. We actually left before the 2nd Act started because Tyler and Russ were pretty antsy, so we missed seeing the elephants perform. But, I was glad Russ took Tyler to see them during intermission, so at least he got to see the elephants up close. We enjoyed it and I think we will go back again. And I am super proud of us for attempting it with Caroline...we would've never been so daring as to take Tyler to anything for that length of time when he was only 3 weeks old!
Waiting on the circus to start!!
Our buddies, the Matthews family!
All 4 of us...yes, Caroline is in the carrier and slept
the entire time except for when I took her out to eat!







If you look closely, you can see Russ (blue jacket) with Tyler,
center left. They were giving elephants rides at intermission.

No comments:

Post a Comment