We stayed at the hospital with Caroline Wednesday and Thursday, leaving late Thursday night. Despite not being able to sleep well in the hospital, I was still in no hurry to leave because of all the wonderful help we got from our baby nurses and the benefit of being able to send Caroline to the nursery at night. Our days were quite busy as we had visits from my doctor, Caroline's pediatrician and all the nurses taking care of us both. And, even though breastfeeding seems to be much easier the 2nd time around, I also met with the lactation specialist for extra advice and tips. We really try to limit visitors in the hospital just so we are able to rest, but Caroline did have a few people come and see her on Wednesday.
 |
| Meeting Rachel, a friend from work. |
 |
| Meeting Pop Pop, aka my Dad. |
 |
| Meeting Nana, aka Russ' Aunt Sandra. |
 |
| Snuggle time with Mommy! |
I was a little more prepared this time for a tiny baby and brought several small outfits, hats and blankets for Caroline to wear in the hospital and on the way home. With Tyler, I did not have a single outfit that fit him and he ended up going home in a plain onesie that still swallowed him whole! Most of Caroline's clothes were also a little too big...I guess a 6 lb. baby really needs preemie clothes!? But we made them work and still had fun dressing her up...just like a little doll.
 |
| I love a little baby burrito! God bless the swaddle! |
On Thursday morning, Russ and I were both feeling completely awful with cold/sinus symptoms. Russ had honestly been feeling bad for several days, but was just trying to beat it with over the counter meds. My Mom was actually also just starting to feel sick, too, so we were all a sight! One of our baby nurses came in when her shift started just to check on all of the adults! I was able to get an antibiotic script from my OB when he discharged me that morning and Russ got an appointment with his doctor that afternoon at 3p. We just wanted to make sure it was sinus related and not something worse since we had a 2 day old baby to care for. After his ridiculously long 3 hour doctor's visit, his was also ruled a sinus infection. After waiting around what felt like forever for Russ and then for the hospital to get it together, we were finally were able to leave the hospital around 6:30p to head home!!
 |
Sick Russ holding C. And sick Granna...with the flu...only we didn't know it yet! |
 |
| Sick Daddy and C as we were getting ready to leave. |
 |
| Mommy, who was also not feeling fabulous, and Caroline. |
 |
| In my carseat for the first time! |
 |
| Just like my brother, I did not like it at first. |
 |
But unlike my brother, I fell asleep quickly. (Tyler cried the ENTIRE time!) |
 |
| Sweet angel baby!! |
 |
| Leaving the hospital to head home! |
 |
| First car ride...she slept the entire time! |
When we got home, Granna had made dinner and had already given Tyler a bath and gotten him ready for bed. Tyler was SO excited to see us that he was even more hyper than he usually is at night...which is saying a lot! He wanted to see the baby and kept pointing to her in the carseat, but that was about the extent of it. Ha! We all were able to eat dinner while Caroline slept in her carseat.
No comments:
Post a Comment