Caroline Elizabeth, you are 1 month old! It's crazy how fast time flies! You are such a joy and an easy-going baby that you have made the transition from 1 to 2 kids relatively easy for Mom and Dad! I was so terrified of having 2 kids under 2 years old, so bless you for that! We are off to a great start!
Like I did with Tyler, I plan to document the first year of your life monthly so we can remember your milestones and favorite things. Here are some things we have learned about you in your first month:
- You are teeny and can barely wear the newborn clothes we have for you, just like your brother! Since you are a winter baby, I have enjoyed putting you in gowns. They are cute, girly and provide easy access when I need to change your diaper. Plus, I don't have to worry about your feet getting cold since you are too hard to keep socks on!
- You are in newborn diapers. It is funny the difference between girls and boys in the "diaper area". Girls tend to fill up the back part of the diaper whereas boys get it everywhere. And girls are way harder to get clean...lots of little crevices to wipe! Sorry if that's TMI. And you have sprinkled us a few times already...maybe even more than your brother did at this age.
- Sleep is going well. You have already given me several 4 and even 5 hours stretches of nighttime sleep. A few times I even had to wake you up to eat so my milk supply would stay up. Most of the time I am only getting up just once a night and I love how you go right back to sleep when you are done eating. You have been sleeping on the Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow (lifesaver!) in the basinet in our room, though you are about to get the boot to your crib. We put a sound machine in our room this time and I have been able to sleep a little better than I did with your brother. But I still hear every little cry you make and I am getting up and walking you to the nursery to feed you in the glider anyway.
- Speaking of feeding, breastfeeding is going well, too. This is definitely one of the those things that is easier the 2nd time around. I am just more comfortable and relaxed and I think that makes it easier for you, too. You latched right away at the hospital and when I called in the lactation specialist just to make sure there wasn't anything more we could be doing, she was so impressed and said she wished you could show all the other babies in the nursery how it's done! Ha! You seem to get down to business when you eat, too..you eat and then your done. None of this falling asleep business like your brother!
- You are a swaddle lover, just like big brother! You always have been and it really helps you sleep well. In fact, when Ms. Cassie came to take your newborn pictures, you did not want to take the cute, naked baby ones, but when swaddled you were much more cooperative. I double swaddle you and the combo of a Swaddle Me topped with an Adian + Anias bamboo blanket is our winning combo right now.
- Our house looks like a baby superstore again and you are using the vibrating infant seat and swing. You LOVE the swing and take most all of your naps in there.
- You are not super wild about bath time just yet, but I think it is because it's so cold! I am sure you will warm up to it. I can't wait until you and Tyler can take baths together.
- When you are mad, you are LOUD! MUCH louder than I EVER remember Tyler being. You turn a bright shade of red and you just scream bloody murder!! Most of the time, if we pick you up, shush in your ear or bounce you, you will calm down. You definitely like to be moving to be kept happy.
- I splurged and bought an Ergo baby carrier so I could carry you hands-free. We still have the Bjorn but it is nowhere near as comfortable for me as the Ergo. I have only used it a couple times but you seem to like it so it was worth the expense.
- You actually like riding in your car in the car seat at this age and I am pleasantly surprised. Your brother screamed his head off for the first couple months in the car, but not you! We got this nifty little sound machine that clips onto the car seat that you seem to really enjoy and you usually go right to sleep. We use it at night, so it is very consistent.
- My favorite nickname for you so far is "little miss". Though I also just call you "C" a lot, just like I use "T" for brother.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of you over the past month:
No comments:
Post a Comment