Friday, March 15, 2013

Park with Friends

Today was an absolutely beautiful day so I decided to pick Tyler up early from school and meet some some friends for a play date at the park. Our plan was to feed the ducks and play on the playground. 

Since it was so gorgeous, the playground was super crowded. Tyler has no fear now and just took off, climbing up to the very top and going down several big slides. There were several openings on the sides where you could climb up/down a ladder or slide down a pole...which were all too big for Tyler. There were lots of big kids running around and I was a nervous wreck he was going to fall out of one of those openings. I also had to leave Caroline, who was sleeping in her stroller, alone while I was chasing after Tyler which I didn't like doing with so many people around. 

So we decided to try and feed the ducks. Luring the kids away from the playground was no easy task, let me tell you! And the ducks were totally not interested in our bread! I have never met a duck that was NOT hungry, but these weren't. Oh well. We had fun playing with sticks and bubbles and enjoyed a snack instead. I also fed Caroline, who had woken up hungry! Tyler's friends enjoyed the swings (which Tyler would NOT do!) and he managed to find the only puddle in the park and fall down into it...completely covering himself, his jeans and shoes in mud! He was so upset! He did not like being wet and I did not have a change of clothes. Oh well. He got happier when we ventured back to the playground since it wasn't as crowded. 

Because of all the chaos and the fact that Russ was not with me, I did not get any pictures of Tyler enjoying the playground. But, I did get these super sweet pictures of Tyler and Bennett walking while holding hands!! Be still my heart!!


Let's go back over there to the playground!
Chasing bubbles
And because I also did not get any pictures of Caroline at the park, here she is in the outfit she was modeling earlier that day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment