Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Last Day at Balmoral

The kids' last day at Balmoral has come and we are so, so sad. This has been the home-away-from-home for both of our kids since they were 4 months old. They have spent more awake time there than they have at their own house. They have grown from infants taking bottles to crawling/walking toddlers in those rooms and halls. The sweet women who work there have loved on our babies like they were their own. We are sure going to miss them. Sniff.

Tyler helped me make some special treats for all our favorite teachers. I may have let him have a candy, too, for being such a big helper.



The finished product. It was filled with smarties and mint lifesavers, of course.
We made 12! We have lots of favorites at Balmoral.
I took our handmade treats over just before lunch trying to catch as many teachers as possible. I pulled Caroline away from her lunch to go visit our favorite nursery ladies and hand deliver their treats. It is one of the hardest things ever to leave your infant in the caring hands of someone else and I know both my babies were loved so much in this room. It is these women that I will miss the most. They were so sweet that day they made me cry and I am tearing up as I type just thinking about them.

Ms. Angie (who kept both Tyler and Caroline), Ms. Elaine and Ms. Loretta. 
Tyler gave treats to his teachers, too, and I also brought cupcakes for him and his class for afternoon snack.

Ms. Amy (who had Tyler in the infant room, too), Ms. Lane and Ms. Cathy.
Ms. Princess and Ms. Stephanie are not pictured.
I missed both of Caroline's regular teachers who had gone to lunch, but I snapped this cute picture of Caroline and her classmates eating their lunch. And her friends all made her a special picture for her last day. I just love it!!



Russ and I joke that our cars will probably drive there on their own since we have been going there for almost 3 years. It is amazing to me that so many of the same workers are still there from our first day. We will treasure so many fond memories of our time at Balmoral and will continue recommending it to others. And we will definitely be back to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment